Friday, August 17, 2012

Ready, Set, Go!

This week has flown by! Tommy had swim lessons every morning, the older boys had work at the garden, Elizabeth and I ran.  We also had the consultation with the oral surgeon regarding wisdom teeth extraction for Elizabeth.  Today, we head to the beach with my in-laws (mamas, grandma, and kids day).  Instead of packing lunch and getting ready, I'm sitting here writing.  I fear, though, that if I don't take a few moments to write and collect my thoughts, that I might become screamy mom.  I don't like her....

Anyway, Tommy turned 7 this week on the Feast of the Assumption!  It's hard to believe my youngest child will be entering his 2nd grade year in a few weeks.  I remember 2nd grade and First Communion preparation.  It's hard to believe he's so big already!

With all of the "out-of-the-house" activities, I've become a little anxious the last few days.  I need to make final preparations for our new homeschool year.  I would like to wrap up the laundry room project so the space will be organized, and all of the overflow that has been moved to other rooms can be put away.  My college course syllabus and assignments need to be completed.  There is much to do.

But today, before the teens go to camp next week and school begins the following week, we will have one carefree day at the beach.


2 comments: