Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tweeting and Restless Heart

I am trying to figure out Twitter.  My 13-year-old niece helped me set up an account, but I don't know who or what to follow or what all the abbreviations mean, yet!  If you would like to follow me on Twitter, you can find me at @kfordwork.

The main reason I signed up for Twitter is that I'm helping promote an event, and I thought it would be a useful tool.  However, when one doesn't know how to effectively use a tool, the tool remains idle and useless.  I will do some research over the coming weeks to work on making Twitter a useful tool for me.

In the meantime, if you live in Southern New England and are hoping to see the new Ignatius Press film, Restless Heart: The Confessions of St. Augustine, we will be hosting a screening at The Basilica of Saint Stanislaus, Bishop and Martyr, in Chicopee, MA at 7:30 p.m. on  January 19, 2013.  The film is a Year of Faith event and tickets are on sale now.

The movie screening will be a fund raiser for our parish youth group for their summer camp retreat.  My two oldest went to camp for a week last summer, and what a blessing!  They spent a week in prayer with other faithful youth.  During camp, they created various blogs, podcasts, and other tools for the New Evangelization.  By hosting Restless Heart, the parish has a unique opportunity to share one of the most powerful conversion stories in the history of Catholicism, while experiencing the witness of three great saints, St. Augustine, St. Monica, and St. Ambrose.

Please pray with me for the success of this screening of Restless Heart, and if the movie isn't scheduled to come where you are, prayerfully consider hosting a screening of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment