Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Rock the Vote!

Finally, after today, no more political ads for a while.  I lost a Facebook "friend" a few months ago when she and another friend were debating on my page.  The funny thing is, it got all political when I made a comment about something that didn't seem political to me.  I realized the lost friend was not much of a friend since she "unfriended" me before I made a single response in their debate.  Presidential election years seem to make people just a bit more nutty than normal.  I'd personally prefer to talk about food and gardening than politics!

However, it's our responsibility to be aware of the candidates and the issues.  Today, as a Catholic, I must vote on the side of life, on the ballot questions and on the candidates. I must vote on the side of life from "the womb to the tomb" in God's time, not the mercy killer or the abortionist's time.  I must trust that our Creator has a better plan for our lives and our suffering than we could ever imagine in our limited human capacity.  Today, I pray especially for those who find themselves pregnant and despairing or facing a terminal illness--and for those with the misguided, though often well-meaning, solution.  May they recognize the value in every human life, that we are all precious sons and daughters of God the Father.

All American Citizens--I encourage you to exercise your right and rock the vote today!

1 comment:

  1. "Jesus, I Trust in You." Protect this nation and our religious liberties. Amen.

    ReplyDelete