Friday, July 6, 2012

Garage Sale, Day 1

The first day of the garage sale was fairly successful in spite of the hot, humid day.  We started the day with prayer, asking for God's blessing and protection on all involved--customers, moms, children. Those few minutes of prayer were very powerful.  Four of us simply stood in a circle together and asked the Lord for His blessing on the day.  I was feeling hot, tired, and anxious before the prayer, but peace and joy replaced those emotions with our moments of prayer.  A customer walked up as we concluded the prayer.  He asked if we were praying, and I told him "Yes, and we were praying for you!"  He gave Jesus glory as soon as he heard my remark.

 We didn't make "Big Bucks" today, but everyone sold at least one item.We hope that God's will is for many more things to sell tomorrow so we can continue the simplicity and decluttering processes in our homes.  We do not want to bring the items back into the houses!!

As I mentioned yesterday, today is my wedding anniversary.  Mike and I are going to Sal's Bakery and Cafe for dinner.  Sal is a wonderful Catholic young man who serves in the Army National Guard and who earned an MA in theology from St. John's Seminary.  He hosts Catholic Coffee and Conversations bi-weekly.  On this feast of St. Maria Goretti, I thought it would be nice to go to a locally owned Italian cafe.

Today's post will be short and sweet.  Stay cool if it's hot where you live!!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you told me about your blog! It was great to hang out with you today (I miss my friends!) I didn't have time to read all your posts, but I've added you to my feed so I can keep up with your world.

    ReplyDelete