Thursday, July 19, 2012

We Remain Hopeful

One of my first grown-up friends when I was a young mother used to frequently say, "And we remain hopeful!"  She gave me a blue frosted glass cross with the word "Hope" etched on it.  I keep that cross on my dresser in my room and see it almost every morning.  I just browsed through my Facebook homepage a minute ago and saw lots of political posts about Obama and the sad state of our country.  In spite of the negative situation of politics and the economy, I am hopeful.  In spite of the drought and inevitable rise in food costs, I remain hopeful.  Our God is a good and gracious Father.  He loves us with an ever lasting love.  He knows the things he has planned for us, and this earth is not our eternal home.  Yes, things are hard and frustrating and discouraging, we must remain faithful and hopeful.

Today, I am going to try to swallow negative words and thoughts and be more of a vision of Christ's Hope in a fallen world.

Have a sweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment